Thursday, August 23, 2012

Farewell to Mar Qardakh's Staff-More Hugs & Tears

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 was the last day for Kathy and I to work at Mar Qardakh school.  We worked a half day helping the staff to get the school ready for the Fall opening.  When the work was done and it was time to leave, there was a replay of the previous Thursday when we had said good-bye to the kids and some of the teachers.

So I would like to dedicate this post to all of the teachers at Mar Qardakh school.  They are wonderful brothers and sisters in the Lord.  They are family to Kathy and myself.  Many eyes were moist as farewell hugs and handshakes were exchanged.

This is the Mar Qardakh summer program, Dean of Students for MYP or Middle Year Program - Mrs. Kathy.
My co-teacher, Ms. Stevy Kakony.  On Monday, August 20, Stevy announced that over the weekend she had become engaged to be married.
 
More teachers from the Drama Dept.  Left to right: Evan, Vania, & Avin.
 
Left to right: Sana, Stevy, Nisha, & Caroline.



 
.Neveen & Dina.  These teachers helped me to pull uniform orders for the students coming in the fall.
 
Tired teachers taking a break.  Left to right: Marwa, Aryan, Evan, Maureen, & Stevy who is standing.  Maureen's daughter, Nora, was one of my students.
 
Teachers saying good-bye posed for this group shot.  On the left is Qusai and Ihsan  Ihsan's son Andrawis, was one of my students.  Each morning Andrawis would greet me with a big "HOWDY!" 
 
.A Band of  Brothers.  Left to right: Elliot, Tom, Peter, & Patrick.  Elliot & Tom are alumni from The University of Dallas.  Peter & Patrick are Benedictine College students.
 
There are many, many other teachers who we spent time with.  Although I do not have photos to share, none the less they will always be in my heart!
 
 
jw
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment